Welcome to Birdie’s booktopia!
I’m Birdie (think you guessed that) and basically my entire world revolves around books. I’d rather read than sleep, which is quite the problem…but we’re not here to talk about that! Today I’m just quickly gonna introduce myself on this little page.
I’m a reader, writer and blogger living in Belgium (I speak Dutch!), although I prefer to call myself a proud resident of booktopia. Reading is my safe space and I love it with all of my heart. But what’s the fun in keeping all that magic to myself? That’s why this blog exists: to scream at each other about our shared love for reading.
Now, let’s get into some (weirdly specific) facts about me!
- I was born on Friday 13th (which is the best opening line ever).
- My favourite book is Looking for Alaska by John Green.
- Fantasy is my favourite genre to read, and I almost always read YA books.
- When I was ten I became obsessed with murder, the legend of Spartacus and, my personal favourite, king Arthur! The obsession never faded.
- My biggest dream is to get my work published one day. It’s a long and intimidating path to follow, but who knows!
- I write dark YA fantasy and am an outliner to the core (I can’t function if I don’t have all the details).
- I have autism and I’m a bisexual woman! With this blog, I also hope to make it easier to diversify your reading!
- I love quotes and collect them as if they’ll run out of stock. Seriously. I know paragraphs by heart, it’s a problem.
- I’m an absolute movie freak, too! This is actually where my love for reading started!
- Crying over books has kinda become my brand. The amount of tissues I need a year is truly concerning.
I think that’s about all I can come up with! If you ever want to talk, just message me (I’ll probably get back to you the fastest on Instagram) and we’ll chat! I hope to get to know you better through this blog and please don’t forget how awesome you are!